Personal Attention During Difficult Times
Your Personal Bankruptcy Attorney For Western New York Residents
Are you facing debt-related lawsuits? Are your wages being garnished? Have restraints been put on your bank accounts? Stop foreclosure proceedings and stop creditor harassment. Contact me, Susan K. Duke, at Duke Law Firm, P.C. As a personal bankruptcy lawyer, I can lead you through the legal terminology and daunting details of the New York bankruptcy process. I represent clients in Livingston, Monroe, Wyoming, Steuben, Ontario, Allegany, Genesee and Orleans Counties.
Once you file your bankruptcy petition with the court, an automatic stay takes effect. This means that:
- Creditor collections end: Creditors must pursue their claims through the bankruptcy court and stop contacting you directly.
- Submitted claims will be reviewed: I will review creditor claims for you to ensure that they are accurate.
- You can relax: Unless a judge lifts the stay, which is rare, creditors will not be able to resume their stress-inducing collection activities.
Starting Fresh Through Bankruptcy
Bankruptcy, under any chapter, is handled in federal bankruptcy court and is governed by the Bankruptcy Code. These days, both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy are very commonplace, even among professionals and businesses. If you have better options than a bankruptcy filing, I will give you honest counsel and advise you on the best steps to take. If, on the other hand, bankruptcy is your best option for a debt discharge and clean slate, I can answer your questions and successfully oversee the process as your attorney. Whatever your circumstances, Duke Law Firm, P.C., can help you get out from under your financial burden.
What Is Not Discharged In Bankruptcy
The following common debts typically can’t be discharged through bankruptcy proceedings:
- Recent taxes owed to local, state or federal agencies
- Alimony, maintenance and child support
- Educational loans
A Smooth Transition To Your New Life
Call me, Susan K. Duke, at 585-443-2486, or contact me online to review your finances and discuss your options. I charge flat fees with no surprises or hidden costs, so schedule your free half-hour consultation today.
I am a debt relief agent. I help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.